Stamp Collecting Terminology

stamp collecting

Stamp Collecting Terminology


  • Mint: Stamp has never been used and retained it's value. If you had mint stamps, you can use the stamp to send mail. Mint stamps be a single stamp, a block of 4, a sheet of 10 or a full sheet. 
  • Cancelled: USPS has marked the stamp as used, with rubber ink stamp or similar markings
  • On Paper: Stamp is still on the paper, or corner of an envelope (cancelled stamps)
  • Off Paper: Stamp has been removed from the paper and free of adhesive (cancelled stamps)


Older Post

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published